Now available - Audio for ALL the verses! Click on the audio link below the verses

October 30th

Sanskrit Pearl of the day:
उद्यमस्साहसं धैर्यं बुद्धिश्शक्तिः पराक्रमः
षडेते यत्र वर्तन्ते तत्र देवाः सहायकृत्

udyamassaahasaM dhairyaM buddhishshaktiH paraakramaH
ShaDete yatra vartante tatra devaaH sahaayakRut

Meaning of the subhAShita:
Industriousness, adventurousness, bravery, wisdom, strength, courage - where these 6 (qualities) are available, there the God's are helpful.

Even Gods do not help the wimp and lazy!

If a person has the zeal to work, brave enough to take challenges, use his wisdom, strength and courage - only then shall even the Gods help. Like they say, 'success' is 90% preparation and 10% luck. The 10% of luck will be useful only when one is prepared with the rest of the 90%. Otherwise, chances come and go in everyone's life. Only the one with all the above 6 qualities will be able to seize the opportunity and make the best of it.

Can't blame destiny for our lack of readiness after all!

pada vigrahaH:
उद्यमः साहसं धैर्यं बुद्धिः शक्तिः पराक्रमः
udyamaH saahasaM dhairyaM buddhiH shaktiH paraakramaH

षट् एते यत्र वर्तन्ते तत्र देवाः सहायकृत्
ShaT ete yatra vartante tatra devaaH sahaayakRut

No comments:

Post a Comment